Notice of Board of Education VacancIES…
***PLEASE NOTE – this information is a correction to what was published in the February/March 2020 Andover Central School Newsletter***
The Andover Central School District announces Board of Education vacancies for three positions that will have their current terms expire on June 30, 2020.
One vacancy is for a one (1) year term, which will expire on June 30, 2021.
Two vacancies are for a three (3) year term, which will expire on June 30, 2023.
Anyone interested in running for the Board of Education can pick up a petition at the Andover Central School Main Office. Each petition requires a minimum of twenty-five (25) signatures of qualified voters of the School District and must be filed with the District Clerk at least 30 days prior to the budget vote on May 19, 2020. The last day to turn in petitions for Board of Education positions is April 20, 2020.
Please direct any questions you may have to Jamie Coyle, District Clerk or Candace Cornell, Deputy District Clerk at 607-478-8491.
To qualify for membership on the Board of Education, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district: that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
- May not reside with another member of the same Board of Education as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the Board of Education (School District).
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.