NOTICE OF BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCIES…
NOTICE IS ALSO GIVEN THAT petitions nominating a candidate for the office of a member of the Board of Education must be filed with the Clerk of the District no later than the 30th day (April 19, 2021) preceding the annual election.
ONE VACANCY TO BE FILLED ON THE BOARD OF EDUCATION FOR THE EXPIRED TERM OF BETSY KENT TO EXPIRE ON JUNE 30, 2021.
Anyone interested in running for the Board of Education can pick up a petition at the Andover Central School Main Office. Each petition requires a minimum of twenty-five (25) signatures of qualified voters of the School District and must be filed with the District Clerk at least 30 days prior to the budget vote on May 18, 2021. The last day to turn in petitions for Board of Education positions is April 19, 2021 by 5:00 PM.
Please direct any questions you may have to Jamie Coyle, District Clerk or Candace Cornell, Deputy District Clerk at 607-478-8491.
To qualify for membership on the Board of Education, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district: that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
- May not reside with another member of the same Board of Education as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the Board of Education (School District).
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.