Notice of Board of Education Vacancy…
The Andover Central School District announces one Board of Education vacancy for one position that will have their current term expire on June 30, 2018. The vacancy is for a three (3) year term, which will expire on June 30, 2021. Anyone interested in running for the Board of Education may pick up a petition at the office of the District Clerk at Andover Central School. Each petition requires a minimum of twenty-five (25) signatures of qualified voters of the School District and must be filed with the District Clerk at least 30 days prior to the budget vote on May 15, 2018. The last day to turn in petitions for Board of Education positions is April 16, 2018. Please direct any questions you may have to Jamie Coyle, District Clerk, or Candace Cornell, Deputy District Clerk at 607-478-8491.
To qualify for membership on the Board of Education, a candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district: that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same Board of Education as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the Board of Education (School District).
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.