In NYS, anyone under 18 (minors) must show an employment certificate before they may begin work. Many people call this “working papers."

These forms are also available to obtain during school closures.

To obtain your working papers, please contact the Guidance Office by calling (607) 478-8491, extension 226 or email:

Working Papers Information from the New York State Department of Labor